Fidelis Financial’s Frequently Asked Questions
Which lenders does Fidelis Financial work with?
Our panel of lenders is a well-balanced selection of 25+ of Australia’s leading home lenders.
How much can I borrow?
We understand that the ‘how much’ question is on the top of most people’s lists. With a few details, we can quickly find out which lenders will let you borrow the money you want. Check our “How Much Can I Borrow” calculator to find out. You will have a good indication of what the lenders will be willing to lend you. Please understand there is no set answer to this. Lenders will assess each transaction on a case by case basis. It is our job to place your loan with the correct lender.
How does Fidelis Financial find a loan that’s right for me?
We can break this step down into two.
1) Click here to complete our data collection form. The details you enter are extremely valuable and will give us all the information we require to understand what you are trying to achieve.
2) One of our Finance Advisers will go through the data collected and will filter your current situation to the most favourable lenders’ policies. Not all lenders think and act the same way. It is our job to filter them down and be ready to present the best possible lender. We do not stick with lender A or lender B as every application is different. As noted above we have access to over 25 Lenders in our panel.
3) We meet face-to-face or via a phone conference to fine tune the information we collected and to provide you with our recommendations. We will explain clearly, in plain English, the reasons behind any recommendations we make and all the features and costs of the proposed loan. All the information will be provided in writing to aid your understanding.
Who does the paperwork?
All of our applications are done online and we certainly look after the loan process from submission to settlement. We will professionally package your application with all the supporting evidence (which you have to provide) and lodge it with your chosen lender. Fidelis Financial has programmed each of the lenders’ lending criteria into its software so that you don’t waste time applying to a lender who will assess your application less favourably.
Do I have to chase the lender or do you do that?
We’ll take the hassle out of the application process by managing it on your behalf right through to settlement. We will help you with any questions that you may have and, if there are any problems, we’ll chase up the lender for you.
Is my Fidelis Financial Adviser fully qualified?
All Fidelis Financial Advisers are fully qualified and trained mortgage professionals who have undertaken to:
- complete our intensive induction training, and pursue mandatory ongoing training in technical and customer service areas;
- meet our stringent service standards at all times;
- maintain MFAA accreditation;
- maintain professional indemnity insurance.
What happens with my personal information?